Posted: July 8, 2015 3:06 pm
The USGA is working to remind all U.S. Women’s Open spectators and attendees that they will go through security screening prior to entering the championship grounds and will not be allowed to bring any of the items listed below.
To expedite admission into the championship, it is recommended that all prohibited items are safely stowed prior to arriving at the championship.
The following items are prohibited:
• No Weapons (regardless of permit, including but not limited to firearms or knives)
• No Explosives and/or Fireworks or any kind
• No Tablets and/or Computers (cellular mobile devices less than 7” are permitted)
• No Noise Producing Devices (including portable speakers)
• No Cameras (other than Monday through Wednesday for personal photographic use)
Note: Use of cameras and mobile device camera features must follow the camera/photography policy.
• No Video and/or Audio Recording at any time with any device
• No Backpacks, Briefcases and/or Bags larger than 6”W x 6”H x 6”D in their natural state
Note: Transparent/clear plastic hand and shoulder bags no larger than 12”W x 12”H x 6”D are
• No Signs, Posters and/or Banners
• No Food and/or Beverages except for medical or infant needs
• No Containers and or/ Coolers except for medical or infant needs
Note: Transparent/clear plastic water bottles (size 24 ounce or less) are permitted when empty.
• No Pets (other than service animals assisting disabled individuals)
• No Lawn Chairs and/or Oversized Chairs with Arms (compact chairs without arms are permitted with no case)
• No Ladders and/or Step Stools or other similar items
• No Bicycles allowed inside admission areas or on the championship grounds
• No Metal-Spiked Golf Shoes
• No other items deemed unlawful, dangerous or disruptive by the USGA and/or Championship Security Personnel, in their sole discretion
Note: The USGA reserves the right to amend the list of Prohibited Items at anytime to provide a safe and secure championship.
MOBILE DEVICE POLICY
Spectators may carry mobile devices smaller than 7” in length and/or height including Cellphones, Smartphones and PDAs. All device volume controls must be set to “silent” or “vibrate” at all times. Phone calls must not be received or placed in any area that may disrupt play including grandstands. Use of approved devices for photographs must fall within the camera/photography policy. Video and audio recording are not permitted at any time with any
device. Texting and email are permissible throughout all areas of the golf course but should NOT disrupt players.
Stand-alone cameras may only be brought and mobile device camera features may only be used during practice rounds (Monday through Wednesday) and only for personal photographic use. No photography is permitted in the presence of a player from the time she addresses the ball until the completion of her swing (i.e., when a marshal’s arms are raised). Video and audio recording are not permitted at any time with any device. Violation of any of the terms herein may result in immediate expulsion and loss of ticket privileges for the remainder of the championship.